POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : Bravo : Re: Bravo Server Time
26 Apr 2024 02:45:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bravo
From: Fabien
Date: 5 Mar 2011 05:15:32
Message: <4d720d44$1@news.povray.org>
Le 3/03/2011 22:55, Jim Henderson a écrit :
> On Thu, 03 Mar 2011 08:12:41 +0100, Fabien wrote:
>
>> How did you guys MANAGE to get to this situation ?
>
> Wow, what a troll you are.  Something maintained by members of the
> community for the community and it doesn't meet your standards.

No, it doesn't meet my standard of expecting a very simple website
to be up and running continuously, neither my standard of either
coping with a problem or asking for help. That's precisely what
a community is about, and the current www.irtc.org homepage is quite
anti-community, IMO.

About who I am, I am the author of this :
http://www.povcomp.com/entries/191.php

...I've spent countless hours many years ago helping people,
making objects, macros, demo scenes, testing new stuff. I am
the author of the default demo scene which can be run afer
POV-Ray's installation, the one with the bicuits and tea cup
(and I'm not glad that it's still there these days, after
ten years it looks pretty dated, there are enough people out
here that could make something more fresh and technically advanced)

> Instead of being a jackass about it, how about offering to pitch in and
> help rather than just heap criticism after criticism on the site?

This was not meant to offer help, but really to express how much
I'm pissed off by what's happening.

> You say "any rookie using PHP could do it in two days, including me" but
> I sure as hell didn't see you step up and offer it.  Instead you decided
> to act like a jerk and criticise.

Watch this space.

Fabien.