POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Swan Lake : Re: Swan Lake Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:35:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Swan Lake
From: Ive
Date: 4 Mar 2011 11:21:21
Message: <4d711181@news.povray.org>
Am 04.03.2011 10:00, schrieb Jaime Vives Piqueres:
> My brain automatically assumed such a perfect
> and beautiful lighting could only come from an HDR image.

The chance to find a HDR-image with the desired sun altitude, a clear
blue sky, some trees in the right position and a high enough resolution
so the reflections are not already completely washed out seemed quite
minimal to me.
On the other hand, it is all about high dynamic range and there is
actually no need to use a ready-made image for this purpose, just
appropriate values for 'emission' in the finish for the sky-sphere and
the sun-disk.

-Ive