POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Swan Lake : Re: Swan Lake Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:29:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Swan Lake
From: Ive
Date: 3 Mar 2011 18:06:08
Message: <4d701ee0$1@news.povray.org>
Am 03.03.2011 19:57, schrieb nemesis:
> Hey, Ive, could you elaborate on the table texture?  Any CSG or all meshes?

This pigment function is also used for the hight_field and also for
creating a reflection map.
In general I do never use phong or specular highlights because a) this
makes textures also work within radiosity-only (or MCPov) scenes and b)
phong and specular looks always a bit like "old school CG fake" to me -
mostly due the lack of fresnel falloff, I guess.

The mirror is CSG and is made (besides the mirror-glass) *completely*
out of tori-segments. Swan figures and Trees are meshes. The Table is a
height-field, the sky is a sphere the sun a disk and the world a plane.

-Ive