POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : SSLT Dragon : Re: SSLT Dragon Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:23:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SSLT Dragon
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 3 Mar 2011 15:39:18
Message: <4d6ffc76$1@news.povray.org>
On 03/03/2011 02:08 PM, Stephen wrote:
> On 03/03/2011 6:00 PM, Jim Holsenback wrote:
>> On 03/03/2011 06:03 AM, Stephen wrote:
>>> I've uploaded to povray.binaries.misc a cut down version of the mesh, if
>>> that is any help.
>>> I can now see the advantage of using a modeller that has an OpenGl
>>> display.
>>
>> Ok ... here's my version rendered with RC4. I've settled for a more
>> subtle effect
>>
> RC4! Drool.
> Nice image have you tried using a back light?

not until now I hadn't ... ran a low samples example (light source and
hdr flipped y*180) ... interesting effect, however looks like I'll need
a whole different tune (reminds me of tuning IF stages in
transmitter/receivers) ... maybe it's telling me that my settings
weren't so hot to begin with. The translucency effect is more
pronounced, almost to the point of practically being able to see through
the material. I can see that I have more experimenting ahead ... this
stuff is fun and frustrating at the same time ;-)

ha-ha ... and yikes this thread sure has generated a lot of bandwidth
(i'm posting 55th message to this thread)