POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : SSLT future : Re: SSLT future Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:31:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SSLT future
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 27 Feb 2011 02:22:31
Message: <4d69fbb7@news.povray.org>
On 2/20/2011 3:22 PM, clipka wrote:
> Am 20.02.2011 21:16, schrieb Robert McGregor:
>>
>> * Will radiosity work okay with it? I get lots of blocky artifacts
>> with SSLT and
>> radiosity in the current implementation.
>
> I'm not sure - that depends on what you're seeing. I found and
> eliminated a bug in the code that kind of "shattered" a surface
> according to which component of the surface normal was smallest. Other
> than that, I'm not aware of any problems with combining radiosity & SSLT
> (except that SSLT-enabled objects currently don't actually use the
> radiosity code, but an inferior substitute).

Definitely seeing that... attached is a pathological case.

This scene uses radiosity and photons, both of which really need to be
turned off to get a more pleasing rendering. But the red+white checked
pattern of the tablecloth really angers the SSLT code in this case ;)

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'pathological radiosity and sslt.jpg' (18 KB)

Preview of image 'pathological radiosity and sslt.jpg'
pathological radiosity and sslt.jpg