POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The inner light : Re: The inner light Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:24:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The inner light
From: clipka
Date: 25 Feb 2011 22:09:42
Message: <4d686ef6$1@news.povray.org>
Am 26.02.2011 02:09, schrieb Mike Raiford:

> What is the effect of transmit or filter on the pigment, BTW. With the
> current syntax, it gets a bit weird. It almost appears that there's a
> bit of transparency along with the translucency on this scene, too (or
> is that due to radiosity interacting?)

I haven't actually tried transmit & filter out yet; I'd expect it would
allow you to add transparency to a material.

Where material is very thin, or is highly translucent, there is indeed a
bit of transparency mixed in by the SSLT code anyway (in the next
release, that is), to account for the portion of light that isn't
scattered or absorbed at all, but passes straight through.