POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Die, cast : Re: Die, cast Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:28:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Die, cast
From: Stephen
Date: 24 Feb 2011 11:24:56
Message: <4d668658$1@news.povray.org>
On 24/02/2011 3:26 PM, clipka wrote:
> Am 24.02.2011 12:19, schrieb Stephen:
>> I'm having problems with the mm_per_unit as it seems to need adjusted
>> WRT each mesh. I'm running tests as we speak.
>
> Nope - I'm pretty sure that's not the case.

I have a vague idea that it might be related to the scale of the model
not the actual size of the model in PovRay. For instance I got better
looking results with Vicky when I set the mm_per_unit as if she was
1676.4 mm not the 228.6 mm she was scaled in the scene.
But then you wrote the code and what do I know. So I am experimenting
with mm_per_unit, scattering values and material scales.

> There are some issues though that may be related to what you experience;
> for instance, SSLT doesn't yet know about unions, and needs meshes to be
> closed for realism; as your lamp Vicky comes in partial meshes, that's
> currently my best bet for what might cause you trouble.

a DFX which is a single mesh. When I exported her as an OBJ the joins

into my models.

--
Regards
     Stephen