POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : SSLT future : Re: SSLT future Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:30:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SSLT future
From: Stephen
Date: 21 Feb 2011 13:48:22
Message: <4d62b376$1@news.povray.org>
On 21/02/2011 1:29 PM, Robert McGregor wrote:
> Here's what I was using - curious to see what this looks like on your lamp:

I'll post a comparison when your material has finished rendering. From
what I can see your texture looks much better. Mine finished in 10
minutes and after 20 minutes yours is 18% finished.

I think it needs higher subsurface { samples }

In the meantime I posted the DFX mesh in povray.binaries.misc in the
thread Lamp with SSLT Figure, if you want to try it. (3 Megs)

--
Regards
     Stephen