POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A better view? : A better view? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:24:13 EDT (-0400)
  A better view?
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 9 Feb 2011 08:38:14
Message: <4d5298c6@news.povray.org>
I've been working on a scene using a couple of objects that I was never
really happy with the way I'd initially displayed them ... The compass
was difficult because it has such a low profile. I like how it's
beginning to look now that I've placed it in the goblet (btw: amethyst
glass). The microphone shows a lot more detail, but I'm not too happy
with the reflection of the room. The floor, ceilings and walls have
individual textures ... I was trying to mitigate the appearance of the
corners by applying gradients and different finish attributes, but only
got so far. Is that what an HDR light map could help with? I've
certainly admired some for the recent posts using that technique, but
haven't a clue where to start! Any good ref material on how to get
started with HDR and povray out there ... (if that's what I should be
going after)

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'wip.png' (559 KB)