POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Rebuilding a Ruckers : Re: Rebuilding a Ruckers Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:27:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rebuilding a Ruckers
From: Ive
Date: 8 Feb 2011 01:38:17
Message: <4d50e4d9$1@news.povray.org>
Am 07.02.2011 23:29, schrieb clipka:

> Impressive modelling, texturing and lighting!

Thanks, but credit for the lighting goes to the used render engine
called POV-Ray ;)

> (Upon very, /very/ close inspection, the upper window's lead framing
> look flawed though, you might want to have a look at that)

Hmm, I'm not sure what you mean. There are a few radiosity artifacts
between the frame and the wall. Is it that?
A higher 'count' value should help and with a render time of about 2h it
was pretty fast - especially when I remember a low quality render did
last days 9 years ago.
But I attempt to rework the wooden frame anyway to give it a more
weathered look (isosurfaces should work well for this) so there is a
good chance that render time will increase dramatically.
Did I already mention that I feel that something is wrong when a
raytracer does finish its job too quickly ;)

-Ive