POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Rebuilding a Ruckers : Re: Rebuilding a Ruckers Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:26:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rebuilding a Ruckers
From: Ive
Date: 8 Feb 2011 01:17:42
Message: <4d50e006@news.povray.org>
Am 07.02.2011 22:15, schrieb Christian Froeschlin:

> Impressive!

Thank you.

> I can't really place the wooden part on the
> lower left though, is it part of a seat?

It is one of Vermeers lion head chairs. See image below.

> Also, I'm a bit
> distracted by the surroundings: especially the rough back
> wall that doesn't seem to fit with the floor and the
> smooth wall with the intricate window.

For the left wall, well, I did forget to enable the hight_field for it
and the floor is not a marble floor but just stone and I think the back
wall and floor together do come pretty close to Vermeers paintings.

>> "PARTHENIA or The Maidenhead" was a popular collection of tunes for
>> the virginals (a kind of "best of" or "hit list" from the early 17th
>> century) and might very well have found its way to Delft.
>
> Did you see this virginals in a museum in Delft?

The reference to Delft is because Vermeer lived there ;)

The museum is the "Germanisches Nationalmuseum" in Nuremberg.
It has a really impressive collection from medieval to baroque

-Ive