POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Rebuilding a Ruckers : Re: Rebuilding a Ruckers Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:26:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rebuilding a Ruckers
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 7 Feb 2011 16:15:23
Message: <4d5060eb$1@news.povray.org>
Ive wrote:

> This virginals did indeed look close to the one seen in the Vermeer
> painting "The Music Lesson" and so I started to rebuild it

Impressive! I can't really place the wooden part on the
lower left though, is it part of a seat? Also, I'm a bit
distracted by the surroundings: especially the rough back
wall that doesn't seem to fit with the floor and the
smooth wall with the intricate window.

> "PARTHENIA or The Maidenhead" was a popular collection of tunes for the
> virginals (a kind of "best of" or "hit list" from the early 17th
> century) and might very well have found its way to Delft.

Did you see this virginals in a museum in Delft?