POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Rebuilding a Ruckers : Rebuilding a Ruckers Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:25:54 EDT (-0400)
  Rebuilding a Ruckers
From: Ive
Date: 7 Feb 2011 14:35:38
Message: <4d50498a@news.povray.org>
Lately, while I visited our local museum and its huge collection of
historical music instruments, I did spot a virginals made by the Flemish
manufacturer Ruckers ca. 1610.
This virginals did indeed look close to the one seen in the Vermeer
painting "The Music Lesson" and so I started to rebuild it and to update
my scene from 2002 (some of you might even remember):

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3C3da07987%40news.povray.org%3E/?ttop=357010&toff=6500

"PARTHENIA or The Maidenhead" was a popular collection of tunes for the
virginals (a kind of "best of" or "hit list" from the early 17th
century) and might very well have found its way to Delft. And it also
includes my favorite renaissance composition: "The Earl of Salisbury,
Pavane & Galliard" by William Byrd.

-Ive

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'the music lesson (virginals closup).jpg' (207 KB)

Preview of image 'the music lesson (virginals closup).jpg'
the music lesson (virginals closup).jpg