POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A Question : Re: A Question Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:25:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Question
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 16 Jan 2011 19:26:57
Message: <4d338cd1@news.povray.org>
Anthony D. Baye wrote:

> I'm working on a concept for a shoreline backed by Basalt columns. I'm using a
> randomly tiled hexagonal pattern function with a height field and multiplying it
> by f_ridged_mf
>
> The problem I'm having is that the tops of the columns should be flat, not
> slanted, so that the base offset follows the contour of f_ridged_mf, but their
> height does not.

I think you you could achieve that by slightly modifying your
code to produce two function definitions that are then combined
using the max function. The exact definitions will depend on
the intended result (e.g., should the height of a column be
constant or depend on the (average) height of the ground?