POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : We need a gamma 1.0 color-picker app (?) : Re: We need a gamma 1.0 color-picker app (?) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:24:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: We need a gamma 1.0 color-picker app (?)
From: scott
Date: 12 Jan 2011 04:13:50
Message: <4d2d70ce@news.povray.org>
> Do I understand that sRGB and 'vanilla' gamma 2.2 are different ICC profiles?

"gamma 2.2" only defines how output brightness relates to the raw pixel
values, it is not a colour space.  sRGB specifies the exact physical
colours that are represented by the RGB primaries, and in addition the
function to convert from pixel values to output brightness.  That
function is very close to gamma 2.2, but not quite.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Srgb