POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Greek sword : Re: Greek sword Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:23:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Greek sword
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 7 Jan 2011 03:22:58
Message: <4d26cd62@news.povray.org>
"Dave Blandston" <nomail@nomail> schreef in bericht
news:web.4d259ddb8d4ff9375f9997c70@news.povray.org...

> That looks awesome! Here's an interesting tidbit: There's a company in New
> York
> called Sadigh Gallery that sells ancient artifacts, including Greek
> swords.
> http://www.sadighgallery.com/ I've purchased a few Egyptian artifacts from
> them
> (a fascination since my youth) and they appear to be authentic.

I based this sword on a book I found by chance in the public library. It is
called "Warfare in the Classical World" and shows fairly detailed
descriptions of different era weaponry. What you mention about the grip was
also my own concern, but is corroborated by  the reconstruction in the book.
Nevertheless, I think I shall make it a bit thicker where it joins the
guard.

Thomas