POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : POV Logo Wallpaper : Re: POV Logo Wallpaper Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:28:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV Logo Wallpaper
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 5 Jan 2011 13:21:45
Message: <4d24b6b9@news.povray.org>

> It looks fine to me (besides the radiosity blotches) and I *do* see
> the plant in the corner very well. Maybe your *flawed* monitor was
> not so bad after all and I have doubts about your 'properly
> calibrated monitor'.

   You're right, as usual: my system wasn't properly calibrated, and I
was talking without having really checked it. :( ...thanks for the
deserved slap! ;)

   Seems that on the last OS upgrade I forgot to restore my gamma
correction settings for the graphic card. It was just a little bit off,
and once corrected I do start to see the plant on the upper right corner
of the image, but not "very well"... just a bit more than "barely". I
still have to raise the gamma to 1.4 on the image to match what I
remember as the "original look" of the image.

> Note that many TN panels do not difference very well within 'dark'
> input signals. One of the reasons I did keep my CRT as long as
> possible (where BTW the plant in the corner can also be seen, but
> quite unsharp as this CRT is really getting old) and I finally
> decided to buy a IPS panel.

   No flat panel here... it's a CRT (Philips 109B, and yes, I'm also
praying for it to last still some years... fortunately it is still sharp
enough).

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres

La Persistencia de la Ignorancia