POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : POV Logo Wallpaper : Re: POV Logo Wallpaper Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:30:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV Logo Wallpaper
From: ive
Date: 5 Jan 2011 09:31:37
Message: <4d2480c9@news.povray.org>
Am 03.01.2011 13:05, schrieb Jaime Vives Piqueres:

> While I agree totally with clipka remarks, I think perhaps your CRT is
> also to blame here... your issues remember me of my problems many years
> ago with a faulty Samsung monitor. I suspect this is why you see as
> "washed out" what others see as "correct", and also why others see as
> "too dark" what you see as "correct".
>
> Look for example at this old image of mine, which I created while using
> the flawed monitor:
>
> http://www.ignorancia.org/uploads/images/persiana/persiana.jpg
>
> Back then it looked fine to me: I was even able to see the plant on the
> corner! Now, with a properly calibrated monitor, I can barely see
> anything else than the sunlit parts and a little radiosity near them.
> How do you see it? ...do you see the plant on the corner?

It looks fine to me (besides the radiosity blotches) and I *do* see the
plant in the corner very well. Maybe your *flawed* monitor was not so
bad after all and I have doubts about your 'properly calibrated monitor'.
Viewed with a brand new EIZO (CG243) that was yesterday calibrated with
an Eye1.
Note that many TN panels do not difference very well within 'dark' input
signals. One of the reasons I did keep my CRT as long as possible (where
BTW the plant in the corner can also be seen, but quite unsharp as this
CRT is really getting old) and I finally decided to buy a IPS panel.

-Ive