POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Colour Interpolation in various colour spaces : Re: Colour Interpolation in various colour spaces Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:29:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Colour Interpolation in various colour spaces
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 4 Jan 2011 16:21:52
Message: <4d238f70@news.povray.org>
Le 04/01/2011 20:49, clipka nous fit lire :
> My personal impression is that HSL and HSV are completely unfit, as they
> both give pretty sudden transitions in the blue and orange regions;

Keep in mind that the interpolation was done with nearly primary colors,
distributed far far away on the colour disk.

HS* might be nicer when dealing with shades of the same tinctures (at
least in the same tincture)

And as always, YMMV.

#declare colo1=texture { pigment {color rgb<4/5,0,1/8>}};
#declare colo2=texture { pigment {color rgb<1/8,0.,4/5>}};
#declare colo3=texture { pigment {color rgb 0*<1.,1,1>/8}};

Thanks for the polygon/mod. Looks like pi need more precision for cos &
sin to be happy!

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'mesh2.jpg' (84 KB)