POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Compass : Re: Compass Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:25:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Compass
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 4 Jan 2011 03:10:41
Message: <4d22d601$1@news.povray.org>
Le 03/01/2011 23:14, Jim Holsenback a écrit :
> On 01/03/2011 02:22 PM, Jim Holsenback wrote:
>> Just giving the latest release a test drive ... this wip still has some
>> work left to go, not 100% happy with the brass but it's coming along nicely.
>
> Like this version better ... I had forgotten that in a layered texture,
> the finish on outer texture rules. The needle is now a stylized arrow of
> sorts ... and a touch of radiosity.

Really nice.
2 tickling issues:
 - White needle on white (majority) background ?
 - the shadow of the needle seems fake: the south picky needle displays
a shadow which looks like mercury astronomical symbol.

Background idea: an image map of an actual map (either nautical map or
very detailed map of some geographical map)