POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : poly 16 : Re: poly 16 Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:17:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: poly 16
From: Jaap Frank
Date: 19 Dec 2010 21:45:56
Message: <4d0ec364@news.povray.org>
>"Le_Forgeron"  schreef in bericht news:4d0d0378@news.povray.org...
>
>From Jaap Frank in p.b.scene-files
>
>part of it are noisy. I need to probably to
>adjust some settings in the solver & poly code (if it can fix something
>at all)

Take a look at the thread in P.b.s-f. I've found a similar noice
with the poly 8 object. Maybe that gives a clou for the solution.

Obviously the poly 16 is not where I was looking for. It is similar
with a power 12 derivation I made at that time. There are only
positive values for x possible. In the picture you see a chopped
up version that is duplicated, rotated and translated in order to
make a spiral out of it, so it looks like negative values are
possible, but I know how the spiral was made.
Clearly the multiple squaring during the derivation introduced
artifacts.

Jaap Frank