POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Stephanie Up Close Daylight (1.7MB) : Re: Stephanie Up Close Daylight (1.7MB) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:28:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stephanie Up Close Daylight (1.7MB)
From: clipka
Date: 16 Dec 2010 19:40:17
Message: <4d0ab171@news.povray.org>
Am 16.12.2010 23:29, schrieb Tim Cook:

> The regular Poser renderer and Firefly actually can produce decent
> results, but do need to be set up correctly. The default settings are
> what really suck. :P How about making an identical setup pose, camera,
> and lighting-wise in Poser for direct comparison, to really show off
> POV-Ray's superiority?

That would be quite a struggle, with no fun to be had in that. I haven't
yet managed to get Poser to do proper distance based light attenuation,
placing the camera exactly like I want is a hassle, and the result won't
reward me for the pain, due to ambient occlusion looking as blotchy in
close-ups as poorly configured POV-Ray 3.6 radiosity.

No, I won't.