POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Snow/Icicle macro test: Ice : Re: Snow/Icicle macro test: Ice Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:19:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Snow/Icicle macro test: Ice
From: Dre
Date: 14 Dec 2010 20:52:17
Message: <4d081f51@news.povray.org>
[GDS|Entropy] wrote:
> Yup :) That is exactly the effect I am going for with that texture.
>
> The great part is that this works on even very complex objects
> relatively quickly, granting the user a *lot* of control over the output
> with
> relatively few parameters, which I intend to reduce to the bare
> minimum. See below:
>
> //#macro

snowTest(ctr,vectorArray,testVector,testObject,radVal,strVal,useTexture,useInterior,icicleSegs,icicleProbability)
> #declare st0 =
> snowTest(Sp,randVectArray,<0,12,0>,objA,0.5,1,false,false,12,2.5*0.5);
>
> Another very cool thing is that my corrosion, vine and moss macros
> use the same core...so for every optimization made to this macro set, a
> corollary improvement is made to the others as well...muahahaha!
>
> Release of an initial version of all four is so close I can taste it!
> :D
> Ian
>
> On Tue, 14 Dec 2010 19:50:19 -0500, Alain <aze### [at] qwertyorg> wrote:
>

>>> Here is another test, this time using the plain Ice texture.
>>>

>>> Ian
>>>

>> Your doughnut was hit by some freezing rain... ;)
>>
>> Alain
>

> --
> Using Opera's revolutionary email client: http://www.opera.com/mail/

Nice work!

I'm very interested in checking out your vine and moss macros, probably the
corrosion one as well.  I seem to be heavily into poving plants and
vegetation atm.  Moss would be a very nice addition!

Cheers Dre