POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Kaleidoscopic IFS 2 : Re: Kaleidoscopic IFS 2 Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:19:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Kaleidoscopic IFS 2
From: stbenge
Date: 12 Dec 2010 17:53:56
Message: <4d055284@news.povray.org>
On 12/12/2010 12:57 PM, Dave Blandston wrote:
> stbenge<myu### [at] hotmailcom>  wrote:
>> Just one
>> light_source and the cavity shader with an ambient finish.
>
> Could you elaborate a little more on the "cavity shader?" Does that mean you
> generated the object using some other program that supported that feature, then
> rendered the image with POV-Ray? Please pardon my ignorance if this has been
> discussed before.

It was all generated with POV-Ray; no other apps were used. The cavity
shader colors the object incrementally at each iteration, and is mapped
to produce darker values in the cavities. From what I understand, other
people were shading at each reflection, whereas mine is a spherical
incremented gradient hacked onto the main function. After trying some 2D
kaleidoscopic IFS functions it has become clear that my cavity shader
needs a lot more work. After all, I spent only a a short time developing
it :/