POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Chain Icosahedron : Chain Icosahedron Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:21:55 EDT (-0400)
  Chain Icosahedron
From: CShake
Date: 11 Dec 2010 17:07:21
Message: <4d03f619@news.povray.org>
I've been off the newsgroups for a while with the whole grad school
thing, but recently found time and motivation to pull out the ol' raytracer.
For the past few years I've tried to combined two of my hobbies,
chainmaille and povray, and have been putting together a bunch of macros
for various patterns and trying to make good cross-scene metal textures
for the rings. I think I may have finally gotten my first render that I
can almost fool myself into thinking is real!

100% procedural, no image_maps anywhere, uses Jaime's Lightsys (only
espd_lightsys and CIE) and Edouard's 35mm Camera macros

1000x1000 version and a link to the photograph I used as a reference:
http://cshake.deviantart.com/art/Icosahedron-Again-189246693

render time: 4 hours 35 mins, AMD Phenom 9950 (quad 2.6)
I could have gotten even smoother focal blur, but I'm content with this
for now (count 50 variance 1/10000)

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'icosahedron_2.jpg' (87 KB)