POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Rendering is slow if scene contains lots large objects : Re: Rendering is slow if scene contains lots large objects Server Time
6 May 2024 00:16:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rendering is slow if scene contains lots large objects
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 11 Dec 2010 15:24:51
Message: <4d03de13@news.povray.org>
On 11/12/2010 20:53, clipka wrote:

> Maybe a good idea would be to test the volume in relation to the
> distance to the camera:
>
> if ((a*b*c) / pow(dist_to_camera,3) >= INFINITE_VOLUME) ...

I would stand by the code in the bounding box: when one dimension is big
enough, assume infinite (well, it's the opposite way: infinite object
set the bounding box to huge bound value in 3 dimensions...)

Or we can do like my national postal service: if the sum of the 3
dimensions is more than 1m, it's a non standard parcel... with added
price on the stamp.