POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Coming Home : Re: Coming Home Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:21:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Coming Home
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 8 Dec 2010 03:12:38
Message: <4cff3df6$1@news.povray.org>
"Samuel Benge" <stb### [at] hotmailcom> schreef in bericht
> You've got a lot of patience, Thomas :) Nice work clothing the people.
> I've had
> a number of scene ideas which would have only worked with the presence of
> characters. Unfortunately, some of those required that the people have
> hair. All
> of my attempts to produce hair have rendered very slowly... I wish Blender
> could
> convert strands into polygon chains with UV info left intact :(

Thank you indeed, Sam.

Dynamic hair is still something difficult to achieve correctly through
Poseray. I only use the hair props, notably the Kosaburo ones which are
quite good. I have experimented with the Poseray conversion of strands to
sphere_sweeps but I am far from satisfied. UV is one issue indeed.

Thomas