POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : More Gamma Again : Re: More Gamma Again Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:21:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More Gamma Again
From: Warp
Date: 1 Dec 2010 15:55:41
Message: <4cf6b64d$1@news.povray.org>
On 12/01/2010 10:45 PM, Warp wrote:
>   With my monitor the photoshop/pov36 part (at the left) has the same
> brightness somewhere between the second-to-last and third-to-last square,
> while the pov37 part (at the right) as the same brightness somewhere in
> the middle, as it should.

  Oh, and by the way, if the suspicion is that the bright white lines
are "bleeding" over the black lines making them look lighter than they
should (which might be a valid concern especially on a CRT), you can try
zooming the image eg. to 4 times the size (so that each pixel in the
image is scaled to 4x4 screen pixels) to minimize that possibility, and
look at it from even farther away (to "blend" the horizontal lines into
gray). When I do this, it still looks the same.