POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : More Gamma Again : Re: More Gamma Again Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:27:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More Gamma Again
From: Warp
Date: 1 Dec 2010 15:45:50
Message: <4cf6b3fd@news.povray.org>
Stephen Klebs <skl### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> What one would expect to be a smooth, linear gradient, becomes in 3.7 a
> parabolic curve, heavily skewed to white.

  I took your gradient image, rotated it 90 degrees and put alternating
horizontal black and white lines of pixels at both sides. Look at the
image from far enough that you don't distinguish the individual lines
but instead it becomes a gray, and then estimate on both sides which
square in the central gradient corresponds to this half-gray area on
the sides. I think it's pretty illuminating.

  With my monitor the photoshop/pov36 part (at the left) has the same
brightness somewhere between the second-to-last and third-to-last square,
while the pov37 part (at the right) as the same brightness somewhere in
the middle, as it should.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'gradient_10_pov.png' (4 KB)