POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Version Lighting and Shading differences : Re: Version Lighting and Shading differences Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:24:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Version Lighting and Shading differences
From: clipka
Date: 20 Nov 2010 22:09:54
Message: <4ce88d82$1@news.povray.org>
Am 23.10.2010 04:48, schrieb Woody:

> THe most obvious differences are in the 3.7 beta 39, but also both versions of
> the 3.62 for the orange color. Rendered using the 3.7 engine it appears alot
> closer to yellow.

Are you perhaps using PNG image files for the texturing?

In that case, the difference in the orange color is a result of changes
to gamma handling of input image files. You should be able to get the
original behaviour by specifying "gamma 1.0" after the input file name:

     image_map { png "my_image.png" gamma 1.0 }

However, The normal behaviour of POV-Ray 3.7 should be more faithful to
the original image used for the textures.

(Feedback appreciated, even if you have the problem sorted out by now.)