POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Template for a proposed mesh-based character : Re: Template for a proposed mesh-based character Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:26:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Template for a proposed mesh-based character
From: John VanSickle
Date: 8 Nov 2010 20:44:07
Message: <4cd8a767$1@news.povray.org>
On 11/4/2010 8:55 PM, gregjohn wrote:
> Alain<aze### [at] qwertyorg>  wrote:
>>
>> Did you ever had a look at blobman? It's head is a blob, as everything
>> else, and not very beleivable.
>> But, it is indeed posable and can be made to somewhat express emotions.
>>

> I've gotten povray blobs to do this:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1rjVO-UNUY
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AT_7nAr99A&feature=related
>
> And was wanting to try to see what could be done with a mesh. The blobs are
> pretty cool, but as I'd designed the people, it was with a whole lot of trial
> and error to get the shapes I wanted (although I did parameterize the chin).
> But these look hideous in radiosity or lighting that shows off the bumps that
> occur between the blob elements.

The current version of my mesh modeler can be found at:

http://evilsnack.byethost22.com/lionsnake.htm

If you have the patience to model human beings with blobs, then you
probably have the patience to model a human being with my modeler.  It's
missing a lot of features, but it works.

You can make riggable models, and certainly some sort of universal man.
  The model exports POV-Ray .INC files, which you can pose by setting
the appropriate variables before calling the file.

Regards,
John