POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Space knot : Re: Space knot Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:24:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Space knot
From: Jim Charter
Date: 26 Oct 2010 19:52:50
Message: <4cc769d2$1@news.povray.org>
Bill Pragnell wrote:
> Slime <pov### [at] slimelandcom> wrote:
>> I think it would be cool if the planet cast a blue light on the bottom
>> of the knot.
>
> How's this? I think it looks much better now, good call!
>
> Bill

I find it a strangely evocative image, and it has much to do with the
flat, dead-grey texture.  Like it is the ash from some thing or creature
baked, incinerated or somehow immolated in such a way that it's every
detail remained intact

The one thing that bugs me, perhaps, is the orientation, which suggest
somehow that this is how it would look while  sitting upright on a tabletop.