POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Sphere seems to swell up beyond proportion : Re: Sphere seems to swell up beyond proportion Server Time
3 May 2024 17:33:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sphere seems to swell up beyond proportion
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 7 Oct 2010 05:29:13
Message: <4cad92e9$1@news.povray.org>
Le 06/10/2010 22:10, Marco a écrit :
> So this is basically the pov-csg`which is puzzling me: the sphere with radius 4
> produces a disproportionally large cylinder compared to the radius 3:
> http://home.ooijer.com/povray-conesphereradius3.jpg
> http://home.ooijer.com/povray-conesphereradius4.jpg

The second link is unavailable.

What is your issue ?

Did you notice that:
 1. you did not provide a full minimalist scene (no camera)
 2. the center of the sphere is not on the center of the cone/disc, ergo
perspective (camera ???) might have some influence.
 3. #declare a=object{union{.. could be simplified to #declare a=union
 4. the posted extract does not use any Blue... so how did you end up
with the first link's image ?
 5. seamless fusion of sphere & cone is not at the sphere's equator.
 (it is at the equator for cylinder, but not for a cone)

--
A good Manager will take you
through the forest, no mater what.