POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Baking lighting maps (aka lightmaps) with beta 39 : Re: Baking lighting maps (aka lightmaps) with beta 39 Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:29:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Baking lighting maps (aka lightmaps) with beta 39
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 25 Sep 2010 07:15:09
Message: <4c9dd9bd@news.povray.org>

> Certainly this looks like something PoseRay could automate. I would have
> to look into it and will be looking forward to your tutorial since the
> documentation for this camera mode is sparse at the moment.

   Yes, I think the way you organized it all within PoseRay makes it very
easy to add the automated baking.

   Indeed, my tutorial requires the use of PoseRay to export the whole scene:
I created a quick and dirty php script which scans the files exported by
PoseRay, collects the objects and materials data, and then writes the .inc
files and bash scripts needed to automatically bake all the meshes in the
scene. It should give you some ideas, at least on how to not implement it... ;)

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres

http://www.ignorancia.org