POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Doubts about photons : Re: Doubts about photons Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:28:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Doubts about photons
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 22 Sep 2010 03:08:53
Message: <4c99ab85$1@news.povray.org>
"Alain" <aze### [at] qwertyorg> schreef in bericht
> When light goes through a glass, it get spread out exept for the light
> that goes through the thick base. And even then, given the shape of the
> inside of your glasses, it get's a fair amount of spreading.
>
> In the non-photons version, light goes straight through the glass without
> any deviation.
>
> Do you also use radiosity for that scene?

Yes, I use also radiosity.

This is possibly a difficult glass object to use photons with (from Ingo
Jansen's grenadine.pov). One thing I noticed when I decreased the spacing
parameter beyond a rather low value, was that the entire image became black.

Is there a way to get *better* results? For the glasses I used collect on,
with same results as with collect off for instance, and I switched
reflection off keeping only refraction on (also in the light block).

Thomas