POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Doubts about photons : Re: Doubts about photons Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:23:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Doubts about photons
From: Alain
Date: 21 Sep 2010 14:25:51
Message: <4c98f8af$1@news.povray.org>

> This image was made for the TC-RTC competition. It uses photons. However,
> for esthetic reasons,  I much prefer the version without photons I uploaded
> to the site: http://www.tc-rtc.co.uk/imagenewdisplay/stills/301/Glass.html
>
> It is probably me, but photons made the glass, its shadow, and its content
> darker.
>
> Thomas

When light goes through a glass, it get spread out exept for the light
that goes through the thick base. And even then, given the shape of the
inside of your glasses, it get's a fair amount of spreading.

In the non-photons version, light goes straight through the glass
without any deviation.

Do you also use radiosity for that scene?

Alain