POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Some Fractal Art : Re: Some Fractal Art Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:28:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Some Fractal Art
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 29 Aug 2010 14:05:50
Message: <4c7aa17e@news.povray.org>
On 08/29/2010 02:05 PM, Samuel Benge wrote:
> I could never get those types of fractal functions to work. I *almost* got close
> once... but I was playing the def/undef game, and am still unsure if I was
> actually producing complex numbers, as what should have produced a Mandelbrot
> set only produced semi-coherent garbage.

The function was nicely setup and all I did was play around with the
tunable parameters. It mapped easily to a cube ... declared an object
that I tried to transform around "stitch" them together so I could see
the entire pattern, but ran out of sides before filling the view. Ended
up settling on the best feature.