POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : "Paintings" : Re: "Paintings" Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:25:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "Paintings"
From: "Jérôme M. Berger"
Date: 29 Aug 2010 03:52:24
Message: <4c7a11b8$1@news.povray.org>
Alain wrote:
> Le 2010-08-28 07:59, Joost a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've been hobbying a while now with POV-ray. I used to paint but
>> bumped into my
>> limitations a few years ago and very luckily found POV-ray. I've not
>> been a big
>> communicator on this site - I asked a few questions which were
>> answered (thanks
>> again), and I've been able to answer 1 (yes, one!!) question, but I
>> thought it
>> about time to post my images and get some feedback. They are on my sit
e:

>> www.joostdevries.nl/en/
>>
>> All comments and suggestions welcome, Thanks, Joost
>>
>> PS I'm looking for some advice on printing them for a small exhibition

>> (and
>> uploading them to Zazzle and so). I'm using Gimp to add the text to my

>> images
>> and then save them as JPEG. Is there a best resolution for aprox A2
>> size? Or is
>> as high as possible the best??
>>
> To know the pixel size you required, you first need to know how large
> the image will be when printed, and you multiply that by the DPI settin
> of the print.

	Note that for most printing methods, you don't even need that high
a resolution. That's because a printer "dot" cannot represent the
whole 16M colors that a pixel can, so you need several dots to
represent a single pixel. Therefore, you won't see any difference if
you divide the resolution by 2 to 4 from the DPI computed values.

		Jerome
--
mailto:jeb### [at] freefr
http://jeberger.free.fr