POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Windows 7 Install for all users : Re: Windows 7 Install for all users Server Time
29 Apr 2024 04:01:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Windows 7 Install for all users
From: Chris Cason
Date: 28 Jul 2010 22:08:25
Message: <4c50e299$1@news.povray.org>
Here's something I hadn't come across yet (dual-mode installs now easier):

  http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd408068%28VS.85%29.aspx

Microsoft has also apparently realised that it was a bit silly not to have
provided a program files equivalent under the user's profile, so now there
is one: by default, it's C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Programs.

I think that pretty much answers the 'where to install' issue.

-- Chris