POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A Web-Like Structure : Re: A Web-Like Structure Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:18:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Web-Like Structure
From: stbenge
Date: 25 Jul 2010 17:09:24
Message: <4c4ca804$1@news.povray.org>
SharkD wrote:
> Can you make the lines sag? Right now they are perfectly taut.

No, no I cannot. In a way I can make the whole structure sag, but the
segments would still be straight. See, the macro only looks at two lines
at a time. There is no real network in place, where point associations
between many lines are kept. I thought about using some kind of pointer
system, where elements are pointed at by other elements, but I haven't
found a good way to do this. Some mesh techniques involving things like
Delaunay triangulation would be the next real step, but I'm way out of
my league there.

I suppose I could give some segments a curved, sagging appearance, but
to maintain the illusion of tautness, it would have to be done very
carefully.