POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Quickie wood floor texture : Re: Quickie wood floor texture Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:25:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Quickie wood floor texture
From: Alain
Date: 15 Jul 2010 15:25:09
Message: <4c3f6095$1@news.povray.org>

> Just a quick attempt at a wood floor texture.
>
> I'm having all sorts of issues with it ("can't layer a patterned texture over
> blah blah", the latest beta hanging while rendering the edges of the planks
> sometimes), but..., I'm at least starting to like the effect, if not the
> implementation.
>
> Yes? No? Does it look like a wooden floor to you?
>
> I was going for something like the wood texture on the right of this image:
> http://www.888phantom.com/Wood%20Grain%20Samples%202.jpg - and while I haven't
> hit it exactly, it's at least starting to look somewhat plausible to me at the
> moment. But then again, you lose your objectivity after playing with the same
> thing for too long.
>
> Cheers,
> Edouard.

Looks good.

Looking at my hard wood floors, I see that the space between planks is
not constant, fery far from it: it ranges from none to a bit over 2mm,
up to 4mm between the ends, and varies along the length of the various
planks.
There are barely any groove, and they are not very dark. They seems to
come mostly from ewar and tears and often looks like tiny bits where the
varnish got worn more.

The frquence looks correct to me. Maybe more range: areas with higher
frequency and areas with lower.
Just missing some knots...

Alain