POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : rounded_lsweep, an object macro : Re: rounded_lsweep, an object macro Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:23:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: rounded_lsweep, an object macro
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 15 Jul 2010 04:15:00
Message: <4c3ec384@news.povray.org>
"stbenge" <myu### [at] hotmailcom> schreef in bericht
> Cool! Thanks for looking beyond the horribly sterile image :) The macro
> does not perform any bounds checking to properly fit the arcs to the
> segments. Doing so would have been too complex. The current behavior
> actually gives you more control, I think.

It looks very reasonable to me indeed and useful for most cases I am sure.
Purists might want something more sophisticated, but generalist like me are
very happy with it!

> Can you think of a better name than "rounded_lsweep"? I tried to choose a
> name that would conform to the Object Collection's naming convention, just
> in case I decided to post it there.

This seems acceptable to me, simple and descriptive. I cannot come up with
something better...

> I can already think of a couple more useful macros based on this
> technique. Hopefully I can make progress on at least one of them, to
> finish a modeling project.

Waiting impatiently for further contributions ;-)

Thomas