POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Like a bird to Mount Taras : Re: Like a bird to Mount Taras Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:19:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Like a bird to Mount Taras
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 15 Jul 2010 04:08:18
Message: <4c3ec1f2@news.povray.org>
"Samuel Benge" <stb### [at] hotmailcom> schreef in bericht

> I read those books, oh, 15 years ago. Consequently, I have no idea what
> you're
> talking about :S

<grin> time to read them again? :-)
It doesn't matter, I just hope to get a nice image in the end. The
explanation is for the fans like myself.

> Your scene is off to a good start, though. Have you tried Wilbur, the
> freeware
> height_field modeling tool? It's got some nice filters for filling basins,
> eroding, etc.

I have not tried Wilbur (I shall though) but I intend - after I have the
general outline of the landscape in place - to work on it with GeoControl,
which I own.

Thomas