POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : rounded_lsweep, an object macro : rounded_lsweep, an object macro Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:26:06 EDT (-0400)
  rounded_lsweep, an object macro
From: stbenge
Date: 13 Jul 2010 22:45:51
Message: <4c3d24df@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I went searching for a macro to round out the corners of linear
sphere_sweeps, but was not successful. So I made my own :) It's easy to
use: you just provide the spline points (and optionally the arc radii)
for each point. It automatically joins the first and last points if they
are the same. Since the object is made out of cylinders, tori and discs,
the render time is pretty good.

The include file and an example scene are available over at p.t.scene-files:
http://news.povray.org/povray.text.scene-files/thread/%3C4c3d20db%40news.povray.org%3E/

Happy Ray Tracing!

Sam

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'rounded_lsweep_render.jpg' (114 KB)

Preview of image 'rounded_lsweep_render.jpg'
rounded_lsweep_render.jpg