POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Noria revisited : Re: Noria revisited Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:24:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Noria revisited
From: M a r c
Date: 11 Jul 2010 15:11:38
Message: <4c3a176a$1@news.povray.org>

web.4c39eb6cbc5f15b7966554e20@news.povray.org...
> The lighting is just right. You've captured that peaceful time of the
> evening
> very well. And Phoenix canariensis is one of my favorite palm species.

Thank you!
 peaceful hours after(or before) 'oven' hours were where I aimed to.
The Phoenix were supposed to be dactylifera but I must confess I was to lazy
to grow date grapes

> A couple suggestions might be to add a slight texture variation to the
> water
> wheel, and it looks like the mortar between some of the stones is blurred
> out in
> some areas. These are really minor points, since the overall picture is
> beatiful. The plants are especially impressive!

The blurred mortar must be on the pillar on the left of the building.
There it is a mere bump_map and aa did a mean job there.
the rest of the mason work is made of height_fields. Once again I was too
lazy :-/

Thanks again

Marc