POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Noria revisited : Re: Noria revisited Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:28:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Noria revisited
From: M a r c
Date: 11 Jul 2010 15:01:29
Message: <4c3a1509$1@news.povray.org>

web.4c39b719bc5f15b73dfe7ea00@news.povray.org...
> "M_a_r_c" <jac### [at] wanadoofr> wrote:
>
> Very nice! I love the lighting and mood.  Is that even some foam I see on
> the
> waves near the shore!?  Great job!
Thank you  I'm quite happy with the mood and the lighting :)
But the white crests -though they are welcome- are not intended and I don't
even know where they come from (specular?)
The wake is a height_field csg'ed (difference and merge) in the river plane.

> For next steps, I think the aqueduct could use some grunge and a bit of
> wear and
> tear.  I looks like it's new construction, which is fine, but to me, I
> think it
> would have more interest if it felt like it had been around a while.  I
> think
> the palm trees look a little too straight to me -- I don't live near palm
> trees
> though, so maybe that's realistic.

The aqueduct is suposed to be brand new... maybe in the next version some
years in the future...
There are some palm trees by here (very temperate climate) but not so tall
I made those after pictures  like
http://www.palmdoctor.com/images/Palms/Phoenix_dactylifera2.gif
Now I realise the trunk texture is wrong, just wait 4 more years or maybe
less :)
But they are rather straight aren't they? :)

Marc