POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : "Spinner" space colony (3) : Re: "Spinner" space colony (3) Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:29:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "Spinner" space colony (3)
From: Larry Hudson
Date: 30 Jun 2010 06:04:35
Message: <4c2b16b3$1@news.povray.org>
On 06/25/2010 08:14 PM, SharkD wrote:
> This is my final render... for now. I'm a bit burned out on it so I'm
> going to switch to other things. I was using someone else's PC to do the
> bigger renders, and just now noticed the SS2 executable that makes use
> of both cores! Doh! Anyway, 3.3 hours render time is not bad considering
> all the objects are visible and radiosity is turned on. Will have to
> figure out why the atmosphere's media slows things to a crawl...

This reply is rather OT and totally different, however...

The June 29 image in the "Astronomy Picture of the Day" web site struck me as being
rather
similar to your Spinner images.  It is a (fisheye) photograph not CGI, but it seemed
so similar
to me I wanted to point it out.

      -=- Larry -=-

(Fascinating web site, BTW.)