POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ringworld final version (for now) : Re: Ringworld final version (for now) Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:16:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ringworld final version (for now)
From: Stephen
Date: 29 Jun 2010 07:38:23
Message: <4c29db2f@news.povray.org>
On 29/06/2010 8:25 AM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> "Stephen"<mca### [at] aolDOTcom>  schreef in bericht
>> On 28/06/2010 9:32 AM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
>>> Oh! That is fantastic!
>>>

>> The feet?
>>
>> Thanks anyway, it is just a test before I continue.
>
> LOL!  I mean the fact that you model a Discworld topic.
>
>> I've just

I believe that Marc posted a street scene of the Mended Drum in Moray
binaries a few years ago.

  finished listening to Strata as an Audio Book and had forgotten
>> that Pratchett's first Discworld did not have the elephants nor the
>> turtle.
>
> Really? I am not that well known with the Discworld Series, but already in
> The Colour of Magic (first book?) they are mentioned in the prologue...

Strata was published two years before the Discworld series started. It
is set in a parallel universe very similar to our own. The main action
is set on a Discworld surrounded by a sphere of stars. Planets, a small
moon and small sun orbit it. It is an artefact and the elephants and
turtle are mentioned as part of a religion. (I've just finished
re-reading it. (I'm not a geek, you know ;-) )

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen