POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Alley Sunflower Final : Re: Alley Sunflower Final Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:28:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alley Sunflower Final
From: stbenge
Date: 22 Jun 2010 16:26:07
Message: <4c211c5f@news.povray.org>
stbenge wrote:
> Nekar Xenos wrote:
>> I posted an hdr image on povray.binaries.misc for you to test on.
>
> OK, I'll grab it.

The preliminary results don't look very promising. I tried remapping the
color values to create a new range of intensity. When the colors are
remapped 0 - 1, the result in luminous bloom is exactly the same as if a
.png or .tga image had been used. When remapped 0 - 2 or greater, the
shadows become too light, changing the light level for the entire image.

I think your best bet, if you plan to use luminous bloom, would be to
render your scenes with reasonably low light_source intensities, or just
use pngs or tgas.

Now, about that bad line of pixels around the edge. It's definitely a
problem with POV-Ray. It exists whether the "once" keyword was used or
not, and always when repeat/flip warps are used. To alter my code to fix
the problem is not really a good solution, as there is a possibility
that the render times will rise significantly. I'll try posting a bug
report, and hopefully it will be fixed soon. For now, maybe you can just
remove the outer layer of pixels?