POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Alley Sunflower Final : Re: Alley Sunflower Final Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:27:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alley Sunflower Final
From: stbenge
Date: 22 Jun 2010 13:15:08
Message: <4c20ef9c$1@news.povray.org>
Nekar Xenos wrote:
> stbenge wrote:
>>
>> How intense are the brightest areas of light in the original image?
>
> I've used extremely high rgb (400+) values for my light source - so I
> guess that's the problem.
> The first try was on the default settings and many other settings with
> the same results.

Wow, that's a bright light_source.

> I'm quite happy with the current result without hdr.

Cool :)

> There is one other problem: I've noticed the edge pixels don't fit in
> with the rest of the scene - but you don't notice it if the image is on
> a light background.

I think this might be an internal problem with POV-Ray itself. It's a
bad line of pixels around the edge and arises when warp{repeat n flip n}
is used on an image_map. Heck, it's probably an image_map problem, and I
wouldn't be surprised if it was somehow related to the interpolation
shifting problems clipka was exploring.

> I posted an hdr image on povray.binaries.misc for you to test on.

OK, I'll grab it.